Candidate questionnaire for those wishing endorsement from Conservative Christians of Alabama
The questionnaire is also available as a Word Document
Please answer the following questions. (Support/Oppose, or Yes/No.)
1. Do you support an Educational Lottery to fund government schools?
2. Do you support legalized gambling in any form such as a Lottery, Casino Gambling, Casinos on Indian Reservations, Bingo Machines, Slot Machines, and Dog Track Betting?
3. Ever since Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme court and most federal courts have ruled against any significant restrictions on abortion and abortion clinics. Since God's Word says "Thou shalt not murder" (Exodus 20:13), and "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man" (Genesis 9:6), and that civil authorities are ordained by God as a "servant of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil" (Romans 13:4), should the relevant civil authorities do everything in their power to restrict abortion and punish doctors who perform abortions regardless of Federal law or court opinion? For example, a sheriff should arrest abortion doctors and prosecute them for murder, the prosecutors should investigate and prosecute abortionists for murder, judges should rule in favor of pro-life laws and to convict abortionists, the legislature should pass laws abolishing abortion, the governor and legislature should nullify federal law or federal court rulings which strike down state laws, the department of health should revoke the licenses of abortion clinics, and the state medical board should revoke the licenses of abortion doctors.
Freedom of religion
4. Since the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", does that mean we should be protecting the right to promote and to worship false religions such as Islam, Wicca, or satanism?
5. Should the Ten Commandments be displayed publicly on Government property and buildings such as courthouses and schools?
History and heritage
6. Do you support the display of the Christian symbol known as St. Andrew's Cross as implemented in the Confederate Battle Flag and the Alabama Flag being flown on government property?
7. Do you support the Alabama Memorial Preservation Act?
8. Are you willing to sign a "No Tax Pledge"?
9. Have you ever supported any tax increases?
10. Do you agree that the ability to confiscate real estate based on the failure to pay property taxes means that the government actually owns all land and not private citizens?
11. Do you favor unrestricted 2nd Amendment Rights, including the Constitutional Right to carry a concealed gun without a gun permit?
12. In case of national emergency, hurricane disaster, or martial law, do your support the federal, state, or local government being able to remove or confiscate guns from citizens?
13. Do you support the government being able to confiscate guns for “mental health?”
14. Do you support the ability for a judge to confiscate guns from divorced or separated fathers based on a wife’s fear for the safety of their children?
15. Should federal gun laws be nullified since they violate the 2nd amendment?
16. Should it be legal to carry a gun in any public place such as businesses open to the public (stores or restaurants), churches, schools, or government buildings?
17. Should judges refuse to convict any citizen guilty of a gun law in violation of the 2nd amendment? Should law enforcement officers refuse to arrest any citizen who violates such a law? Should prosecutors refuse to prosecute any citizen for such a law? Should the legislature and governor nullify federal laws and court rulings or orders on guns which violate the 2nd amendment?
18. Should there be public prayer and Bible reading in government schools?
19. Do you support the implementation of federal Common Core Standards (also known as College and Career Ready Standards) in Alabama classrooms?
20. Do you support the reading of Common Core smut books, like "The Bluest Eye," and "Dreaming in Cuban," and the use of books that teach socialism in Alabama Public Schools like "A People's History of the United States," by Howard Zinn?
21. Is evolution false and contrary to the Word of God and should the truth of Creation by the Christian God in six literal 24 hour days approximately 6,000 years ago as recorded in Genesis be taught as fact in public schools?
22. Should the public education system be allowed to teach in support of things which are contrary to God's Word such as homosexuality, abortion, pre-marital sex, birth control, atheism, evolution, Islam, liberalism, socialism, communism, and government welfare?
23. Do you support any restrictions, regulations, or taxation on private Christian or homeschool education beyond what Alabama or federal law currently has?
24. Do you support school vouchers to enable parents to choose their school of choice, public or private?
25. If Child Protective Services was removing children from a home based on that family's homeschooling or refusal to vaccinate, would you defend that family from the kidnapping and resist the tyranny of that agent?
26. Do you support or oppose the rewrite of the Alabama Constitution?
27. Do you support or oppose the Convention of States Project or an Article V Constitutional Convention?
28. Do you pledge to uphold and defend the Alabama Constitution?
29. Have you read the U.S. Constitution, and will you uphold and support a strict originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution?
30. Is the definition of marriage only between a man and a woman?
31. Should the state sanction sodomy which God declares to be an abomination (Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Judges 19:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:10) by granting sodomites or lesbians fictional marriage licenses?
32. Do you support anti-discrimination laws based on sexual orientation?
33. Should sodomites or lesbians be able to adopt children?
34. Should probate judges refuse to grant marriage licenses to sodomites or lesbians regardless of a court ruling or order, or state or federal law?
35. Should the legislature and governor nullify Obergefell v. Hodges?
36. Do you support overturning Lawrence v. Texas?
37. Do you support the repeal of Obamacare?
38. Do you support any state or federal expansion of medicaid/medicare?
39. Do you support the right of a state to assert their 10th Amendment rights through nullification?
40. Will you support legislation to restrict illegal immigration?
41. Do you support repealing the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965?
42. Do you support guarding the southern border of the U.S. with the national guard until the border wall is completed?
43. Do you support using the national guard to aid in deporting illegal aliens?
44. Should we ban the immigration of Muslims as original proposed by President Trump during the campaign?
45. Should the government at any level or agency or department be spying on and collecting any electronic records or communication such as the metadata of phone calls, recording of phone calls, tracking of cell phone user locations, text messages, email, and social network (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) usage or comments without a specific court order?
46. Do you believe that large social networking websites such as Facebook and Twitter are natural monopolies and function as a defacto public square and that 1st amendment rights must be enforced on those platforms?
47. Do you support or oppose Judicial Supremacy?
48. Do you support restoring the proper check on the judicial branch as originally intended by the framers of the U.S. Constitution?
49. Do you support reforming the Judicial Inquiry Commission and only allowing judges to be removed by a vote in the legislative branch?
50. Was Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Judge Roy Moore right in his actions in 2003 and in 2015-2016?
Any comments on the above questions?
Please answer the following questions with a brief answer and include any additional explanation you deem necessary.
51. Who are the other
candidates in the race, Democrat and Republican?
Explain why you are the better candidate.
52. What are the 3 most important issues in your campaign, and your position on them?
53. Are you born again?
Please state your personal relationship with God.
54. Do you believe the Bible is divinely inspired and without error and is to be the ultimate authority for all of life?
53. Of what local church are you a member in good standing and regular attendance?
54. Would you submit to church discipline if you were found to be ruling, governing, or acting contrary to the Word of God or had committed a seriously immoral act while in office?
55. Romans 13 says that civil authorities are ordained by God as His servants in order to punish evil-doers and serve those doing good. Ultimately, what standard of morality must be enforced and what standard of evil must be punished?
56. What should be the ultimate source, standard, and basis of all laws or court rulings?
57. If a law of man contradicts the law of God, which law should be upheld regardless of consequences?
58. If a higher authority ordered you to do something which was either 1. a violation of the state or U.S. Constitution, 2. a violation of the Law of God, what would be your response?
About Conservative Christians of Alabama
Conservative Christians of Alabama is a statewide conservative organization that has been evaluating and endorsing candidates since 1994 and first got major attention for leading the battle against Don Siegelman's Lottery in 1999. Our website endorsement pages receive hundreds of thousands of unique views around election day.
After filling out the questionnaire, please return by email. email@example.com
Return to Home Page: Conservative Christians of Alabama